Quick lasagna recipe in a skillet! | U MAIN kits
After making your first cheeses with the U MAIN kits, you dream of integrating them into a delicious lasagna. Only the cooking time discourages you from it as you have already spent enough time today in the kitchen!
That's why we offer you a very quick and succulent lasagna recipe, which will highlight your new freshly concocted cheeses!
Quick lasagna in a skillet:
Photo: Jason Donnelly
3 cups dry lasagna noodles
350 grams of minced meat (or cooked red lentils)
1 drizzle of vegetable oil
1/2 chopped white onion
2-3 minced garlic cloves (to taste)
750 ml tomato sauce (freshly prepared or canned)
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; then drain in a colander.
2. Meanwhile, in a 10-inch diameter non-stick skillet, drizzle the vegetable oil. Sweat the onions. Add the garlic and mix.
3. Add meat until browned (or reheat cooked lentils). Salt and pepper. Set aside and (being careful with the heat) wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
3. Place 1/2 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of the skillet. Spread half of the cooked pasta on top. Cover with half of the remaining tomato sauce.
4. Spread the meat (or lentils), then 1/2 cup of fresh ricotta on top. Next, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
4. Spread the other half of the pasta on top, add the rest of the tomato sauce, ricotta and finally mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat and let stand for 1 minute with the lid on before serving.
And There you go !
Of course, you can add the cooked vegetables of your choice (zucchini, red peppers) with the meat or the lentils as well as spices according to your taste.
Enjoy your food !
U MAIN, much more than kits for making homemade cheese!
Back to Recipes and tips | U MAIN Kits blog