Skip to content
Recipe: Homemade mozzarella sticks
They are crunchy and tender.
These mozzarella sticks will satisfy the cravings of young and old alike.
Gourmet and tasty, this recipe is sublime with homemade mozzarella .
By preparing it with a little anticipation, you will have an ideal "snack" to share.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 C. teaspoon dried herbs (dill or basil)
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. of milk.
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for cooking (or more if necessary).
1. Cut the mozzarella into sticks approximately 1 cm x 8 cm. Put aside.
2. On a plate, put the flour.
3. In a bowl, put the breadcrumbs, herbs, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. To mix together.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg and add the milk. To mix together.
5. Flour the mozzarella sticks. Then, dip them in the egg and finally roll them in the breadcrumbs.
6. Dip the sticks in the egg and roll them in the breadcrumbs a second time.
7. Freeze the sticks for at least 6 hours before frying.
8. Once the sticks are frozen, in a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil.
9. Once hot, brown the mozzarella sticks (about 1 minute per side) or until the sticks are golden brown (before the melted mozzarella comes out).
10. Place the sticks on a rack (or on a napkin) and let cool for a few minutes.
11. Enjoy the hot sticks with your favorite accompaniment; ketchup, marinara sauce, or homemade mayonnaise .
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.