Not sure what to do with your leftover whey after making your homemade cheese?
Here is a sumptuous recipe that will make you want to have whey on hand every day!
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 drizzle of vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 chopped onion
- 12-14 carrots, chopped into rounds
- 1 C. turmeric or curry powder
- 1 C. cumin powder
- 1 C. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- salt to taste
- the zest of a lime and its juice
- 1.5 liters of whey and its cheese base if there is any
- 3/4 of a chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 6 tbsp. ricotta (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
1. Put a drizzle of vegetable oil in the cauldron. Light the heat to "low-medium" intensity. Put the onion in the cauldron and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the carrots to the cauldron. Add turmeric and cumin. To mix together. Add a little more oil if needed. Let cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the lime zest and mix. Deglaze by adding the lime juice and mix. Add the whey, the chicken stock cube, the salt and mix. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
4. Once the carrots are cooked, blend the cream in a blender until smooth.
5. Serve the cream hot. Add 1 tbsp. homemade ricotta in each bowl and a little fresh parsley. Enjoy.
Enjoy your food !
U MAIN, much more than kits to make your own cheese at home!