Clafoutis are one of those bites you enjoy when you go to the pastry chef, but did you know how easy it is to prepare?
They only take 10 minutes to concoct and 25 minutes of patience to cook in the oven! In addition, a few ingredients are enough and you can usually find them in your pantry. So, nothing could be easier! And what could be better than using homemade ricotta and whey in its preparation?
Tomato, ricotta and basil clafoutis recipe:
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2-3 plum tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- a few leaves of fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 150 ml of milk or whey
- 1/2 cup of ricotta or 1/5 of the ricotta made with 4 liters of milk at home. (Here we used homemade garlic ricotta, what a treat!)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Peel and mince the onion.
- Spread the tomatoes and onion in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the ricotta and milk (or whey)
- Chop the basil and add it to the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While whisking, gradually add the flour.
- Pour everything into the baking dish over the tomatoes and onions.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the clafoutis is golden brown.
Tadam! It's over and it's a real delight.
Enjoy your food !
U MAIN, much more than kits to make your own cheese at home!