Recipe: Homemade Feta and Spinach Omelette
The feta cheese and spinach omelet is a classic at home in the morning. It's a quick, healthy and satisfying recipe! It's even tastier with homemade feta cheese .
Accompanied by a little sour cream, chopped green onions and hot sauce, it starts the day with a little "kick".
We often measure the ingredients of this recipe "by eye":
- a drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1 good handful of baby spinach
- about 100g of homemade feta cheese cut into pieces of about 1cm x 1cm
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, in a skillet, sweat the onions in the vegetable oil.
- Meanwhile, in a large "porridge" style bowl, put the spinach and feta cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper (salt sparingly because the feta cheese is already salty).
- Add the whipped eggs to the large "porridge" style bowl. To mix everything. Your omelet mix is ready.
- In the skillet, add the omelette mix. Cover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes or until the top is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Back to Recipes and tips | U MAIN Kits blog