Homemade mayonnaise recipe | U MAIN kits
We too often forget that before the era of food industrialization, most food was made by hand, at home. They were shared, exchanged or sold in the community.
Mayonnaise is an example. We frequently buy it at the store when it only takes a few minutes to prepare and its taste is simply delicious.
U MAIN, located in Quebec, shares an easy recipe for mayonnaise, which you can make in 2 steps 3 moves. We often taste it at U MAIN.
Homemade mayonnaise recipe:
- 1 bowl
- 1 whisk (or beater)
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil (we love to make it with olive oil)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- The juice of 1/4 -1/2 squeezed lime or a little vinegar (to taste)
1. In the bowl, mix the egg yolk, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly with your hand or with a mixer on medium speed.
3. Continue to incorporate the oil gradually while whisking, making sure you always incorporate it well into the rest of the mixture. The mayonnaise will become more and more compact.
4. Add lime juice and adjust spices to taste.
You can of course add other spices if you want, such as paprika.
Enjoy it with good homemade fries, in sandwiches or with small balls of potato and mozzarella .
To make sure your mayonnaise rises, the egg yolk must be at room temperature. Also, make sure it's not too hot in the room.
Store it airtight in the refrigerator for 2 days.
If you have too many, share it with your friends and family, you will make them happy!
U MAIN, much more than kits for making homemade cheese!
Back to Recipes and tips | U MAIN Kits blog