Creams are currently our favorite way to use whey because:
- the cheesy taste it gives is simply delicious; - it will be used as a replacement for broth, which will avoid the waste of this ingredient; - it is possible to easily make creams of different flavors, according to your tastes.
That's why we share our recipe for cream of broccoli with whey!
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 2 broccoli, cut into fairly large pieces
- 1 drizzle of vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 C. butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 hot jalapeño pepper finely chopped (or to taste)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 C. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 C. smoked paprika
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes.
- 2L of whey approx.
- 1/4 cup of 15% cooking cream (if desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
1- In a cauldron, heat the vegetable oil and the butter over medium heat. Add onions and hot jalapeño pepper until onion has softened.
2- Add the garlic, mix for 1 minute. Add the garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika and mix for 2 minutes to bring out the flavors. Add a little oil if necessary. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3 - Add the potatoes and mix to cover them with spices and cook for 1 minute. Then add the broccoli. Mix to cover them with spices.
4 - Cover with whey. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until broccoli and potatoes are tender.
5 - Add the cream. Using an immersion blender, reduce the cream to a smooth soup. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve !
Enjoy your food !
U MAIN , much more than kits for making cheese at home